Home Link

Monday, August 29, 2011

Post-It Multicolor Word Strips

I happily drove to Staples today to pick up one last purchase before the school year begins.  I was excited because I was about to buy 4 packs of Post-it Multicolor Word Strips.   My plan was to make my purchase, go to school and construct my job board to post here tonight.  As I cheerfully jaunted through Staples I stopped to pick up a sparkly purple 3 ring binder for my lesson plans and a pack of Crayola thick markers ($1.).  I was thrilled to get to the teachers' aisle to get my word strips.  Then, hmmm, something was amiss.  Where are my word strips?  I looked and looked and then I looked again.  No word strips?  Well, no need to panic; they just moved them.  I walked with purpose to the service desk and asked for my precious Post-It Multicolor Word Strips.  The woman there was more than happy to go look in the teachers' aisle with me.  I followed her there and she took a cursory look.  Then she said, "Oh, right.  We moved them for clearance."  She started off to another area of the store and I took off after her.  When we arrived she said, "Nope, I guess we're out."  I asked, "When will you get a delivery."  Now, hold onto your socks, she said, "We aren't." 
"What?" I cried, but she did not relent in spewing her hateful message. 
"We aren't carrying them anymore,"  she said. 
I tried to compose myself as quickly as possible and left the store.  I said to myself, "It's okay.  I can go online and get some sent right to my house.  That will be perfect.  My wonderful Post-It Multicolor Word Strips will come right to my door."  
Now, really, this is what kept me going today.  Finally at 3:00 I had a moment to go online and order the word strips.  Okay, bravery is needed here.  The 3-M company is not making them anymore.  (They do make the white ones but they are not very interesting!)  I wrote a desperate plea to them, but honestly, I don't hold much hope.  Thank you, friends for letting me tell my tale of woe.  What will a year be like with out Post-It Multicolor Word Strips?  Perhaps I will have to use the white ones.  Ugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment