Home Link

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Number Hoops

Ah, yes, I hope Dollar Tree doesn't get jealous.  I made quite a find at Target.  It all started in their dollar section.  I found these great hanging hampers. 


It doesn't look like much in the package, but this hamper comes in orange, pink and lime green.  When you take it out of the package it looks like this:


I used a magnet clip to attach it to the back door of my classroom.  I picked up some wiffle balls and wrote numbers on them.  You can get these almost anywhere, even my beloved Dollar Tree.  I grabbed these at Target. 


I will have my students stand a few feet away from the hampers and throw the balls in them.  Then they will record the numbers of the balls in the hamper on their recording sheet.  Later, when we work on 3 and 4 addend addition, they can add the numbers instead of ordering them.  I thought this would be a good station to begin the year with.  And there you have it; building skills while having a lot of fun! 
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment