Home Link

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Checker Facts

My students really enjoy playing sight word checkers, so I thought I would create a checkerboard with math facts.  Once again, I went to Dollar Tree to get more checkerboards.  I wrote addition facts in the red squares.  The idea is similar to sight word checkers; to move to a square you must solve the fact.  If you are planning to jump, you must solve the square you are jumping to and the square you jumped over. 




Here is a recording sheet I created for Checker Facts.


Then I thought it would be great to practice place value using a checkerboard.  I used one board for tens and ones.  This is how it looks!  The rules are the same as above, but now the students write the number that the tens and ones make.  Great practice for a tricky skill!




Fondly,

2 comments: